Gutter Installation Apprentice
We are looking for a motivated Gutter Installer to join our company. As our Installer, you’ll be responsible for the fabrication and installation of custom gutter systems. You will travel to confirmed appointments throughout the day and install a variety of rain gutter products, making each day different.
Tell Us About Yourself!
You will be interacting with customers daily throughout our service areas. You will need to be organized, efficient, and have practical problem-solving skills to be successful in this position. Since you will be interacting with our customers daily and representing our Gutter Installation company, patience and a respectful behavior is a must.
Location: Spring, TX
Pay: $45K- $65K per year
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Cut, fabricate, and install various sheet metals.
- Insert various sheet metals into roll forming machine.
- Adjust machinery as necessary.
- Assemble fabricated metal parts.
- Position installation hardware for top efficiency.
- Prepare roof shingle drip edge.
- Maneuver stepladders and extension ladders.
- Accurately measure different types of home sections.
- Interpret schematic and diagrams.
- Adjust installed parts as necessary to ensure optimum performance.
- Execute property exterior cleanup checklist.
- Collect payment for services as necessary.
Basic Position Requirements:
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Physically able to move items weighing 75 lbs or higher.
- Able to bend, climb, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess interpersonal skills to relate to customers and solve issues.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others under any type of condition.
- Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting events happening at the same time.
- Ability to relay information in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable and Self Motivated
- Knowledge of computers and tablet use.
- Knowledge in google search, and Navigation systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of hand and mechanical tools is a plus, but not required.
- Gutter installation experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
- GED, High School Diploma, or suitable equivalent
- 4 weeks apprentice and technical training in home location market
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- The job requires working at heights not associated with other mainstream occupations. Please don’t apply if you suffer from acrophobia (fear of heights). This is a non-starter.
- The job environment is fast paced, and results oriented.
- Be able to drive a company vehicle and possess a valid driver license.
- Must pass Drug test, Background check and Motor Vehicle check.
Equipment / Tools:
- Hand, mechanical and power tools.
- GPS equipment
- PTO/Sick time
- Weekends off
- Growth opportunity and career path
PLEASE NOTE: In The Gutter reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.